A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world’s leading contract foodservice company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth here at its North America headquarters in Charlotte, NC as a Staff Accountant within Field Accounting Department.
Why work here? Stability with the ability to grow and advance within large organization that prides itself on a culture of internal development. The Accounting team has a robust training team - how great is that? If you are looking for collaboration, comradery, team lunches, team building activities with the potential to telecommute after 6 months for up to 6 days/month... And there is more… Business casual on Friday’s (jean’s day), newly designed environment w/ modern amenities, and an amazing café. Come join us!!!
- Review contracts to identify and interpret financial obligations
- Ensure compliance to contract terms and commitments including, commissions, volume allowances, profit splits etc.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, payments, and reconciliations for such contractual obligations
- Ensure accounting conforms to the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures manual based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure monthly profit and loss statements are an accurate reflection of the results of the period
- Prevent earnings management through appropriate use and validation of journal entries
- Partner with internal departments such as Corporate Accounting, Legal, Technical Accounting & Audit, STG, etc., as well as Field Finance and Operations management
- Ensure balance sheet accounts reflect the correct balance and are reviewed and reconciled monthly
- Analyze profit and loss statement and balance sheet for possible mis-statement/defalcation Use all available tools to maintain highest degree of internal control possible
- Create and maintain checklists to ensure compliance with contractual terms
- Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum one year accounting experience
- Experience with contract interpretation is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, SAP a plus
- Experience with Hyperion/Essbase a plus
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be a quick learner and self-motivated, and resilient
- Relationship builder that is able to effectively communicate, written and verbal, with all levels of associates across the organization
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 367669
SARAH M POMINVILLE
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Date Posted : 02/12/2020