Solaris Health is a leading national healthcare platform committed to enhancing access to specialty healthcare and continually improving patient outcomes. We are looking for a MedicalPractice Controller to join our team. Thisis a hands-on position, completing the operations of accounts payable, bank reconciliations and payroll as well as the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This is an on-site position at our Corporate Office in Fort Lauderdale.
We offer our employees a Welcoming Work Environment, Competitive Compensation, and a Comprehensive Benefits Package! Come join us and be a part of the Solaris Success!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general accounting functions, including month/year end processing; accounts payable, general ledger and payroll.
- Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Provides financial projections by collecting and analyzing financial information.
- Ensure all accounting processes align with GAAP.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits and tax work for affiliates.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Meet financial accounting objectives and follow accounting policies and close cadence.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Lead on Practice budget preparation.
- Prepares variances explanations on month over month, actuals versus budget and other requested commentary.
- Assists with Practice board materials.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Prepare physician compensation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Skill in processing and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and creative skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong business partnering skills and collaboration across multiple departments.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasked skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, accounting software
- Great Plains and Paylocity skills strongly preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related discipline required.
- 5+years of experience in corporate accounting role required; healthcare preferred.
Preferred Years Of Experience:7 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :