Amsted Rail - Griffin Wheel
Amsted Rail is the world's leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight railcars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry. For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants - four in the US and one in Canada. As a result of a recent promotion we have an opening for a Manager, General/International Accounting at our Amsted Rail - Wheel Division General Office located in Overland Park, KS.
Position Summary: Support wheel joint ventures reporting by establishing and fostering relationships, interpreting and integrating financial results into ARX's results, coordinating monthly meetings, plan preparation, and general support for venture initiatives.
- Analyze monthly international results against plan, identifying risks and opportunities for improvement. Perform monthly consolidation and ensure GAAP compliance for certain international ventures.
- Develop financial models to help in decision-making and prepare routine and ad-hoc reports/presentations, communicate results and key findings.
- Oversee timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across a number of international entities. Lead the preparation and submission of select international locations' annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinate with local finance/operations teams and analyze monthly results, business reporting requirements and process issues.
- Work directly with corporate tax department to resolve all tax related issues and assist to resolve all financial queries. Ensure joint venture compliance with governance checklist, relevant agreements, FCPA, and other governance documents.
- Participate in the integration of new international joint ventures and acquisitions.
- Provide support for Amsted Rail attendees at regular board meetings, including analysis of results, pre-read materials, and identification and summary of key issues to Amsted.
- Understand and report on movements in, and drivers of, FX activity in markets of interest. Coordinate repatriation of foreign cash as necessary.
- Develop open communication and productive relationships with finance, operations and international group
- Perform other related duties and ad-hoc projects as required
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred with 5+ years in Finance, Accounting or related field. Working knowledge of: Equity method JV accounting; Full absorption accounting for manufacturing; Foreign currency implications and Financial bridging - price/volume/mix
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals. Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks. Team player, recognizes and supports team goals over individual goals
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, global perspective; written and oral communication skills; Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel required. Will vary but could be >50% at times.
- Ability to be multilingual with knowledge of Chinese and/or Portuguese preferred, but not required
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Amsted Rail is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://amstedindustries.contacthr.com/71123632
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :